Filed under General
I'm just back from a week of snowboarding in Pamporovo in Bulgaria. It was always something that I wanted to do and it is definitely something I will do again but right now my body is in shut down mode. It was the toughest thing I have ever put my body through. I would highly recommend you try it if you haven't yet - if only for the drinking games after a day of boarding ;) I've posted a few pictures up on my flickr page.
So 2008 is over, how was it for you? Hope you enjoyed the time off work (if you got it!). It was a good year for me:
- I got to go to Miami, San Francisco, New York and Bulgaria.
- I went to Google's HQ in Silicon Valley (as a nerd, it was a special moment for me haha).
- I finally managed to get my boss to allow us to use .net in our projects.
- I started to use twitter after nearly a yr of bitching about "those sad losers telling everyone what they were doing every 5 mins"
- I bought a new computer with a glorious 24" monitor and a PS3.
- I learned how to protect classic ASP sites the hard way after some of the older sites were hacked using XSS techniques.
- I learned a ton of SQL tips and tricks.
- I started to blog more.
Just a quick point on that last note. I have loads of new tutorials I'm going to post of the next few months that will cover things like .net, jquery, fckeditor, sql and all other manner of goodies.
For 2009 I have some goals I'd like to hit:
- Continue with my .net training.
- Launch my 2 personal projects (right now these are both at a draft stage - as the release builds up I will post more and more about them).
- Go travelling more with my girlfriend.
- Make more friends.
- Do more training - snowboarding has highlighted how unfit I am!!
- Read more.
- Try to resist buying every game that gets published and save some god damn money :D
I can't wait to get started now that I've had a break from things for a while. I hope that this is a great year for you and yours.